How to Parent a Teen planning to College It’s time to look forward to the college years. The four years of senior high school go by rapidly, plus the entire university application process is overwhelming. Don’t let it sneak up on you! Here are a few tips to assist guide she or he toward college admission.
1. Connect because of the educational school your teen attends. Relationships with your teen’s teachers and counselors are critical now. Although moms and dads have a tendency to step right back through the senior high school years, there is certainly too much at stake for a hands-off approach.
• You ought to read most of the school’s policies so you can help in keeping your teen from any attendance or control dilemmas. Issues here can arrive within the college application information.
• Contact your teen’s instructors frequently. They are able to assist identify educational dilemmas early on, and talking with instructors can also help you monitor research and tasks to help keep your teen on course with grades. Teachers will also be recommendations that are writing your child.
• Visit your child’s guidance counselor. S/he has a lot of details about your child, about colleges that fit your child, and about all that goes to the procedure for college application.
2. Be arranged! All that is involved in an application to college could be difficult for the adult to take care of, not to mention a teenager.
• Read most of the college catalogues that come for your requirements. Read More